Refrigerant Reclaim AustraliaRRA
Skip to content


Here’s a collection of frequently asked questions that may help you with your enquiries

1. Why Join RRA?

Legislation requires importers of refrigerant to participate in a Product Stewardship Scheme (PSS).   RRA manages this scheme, the funds received via the PSS are used for the collected and destruction of ODS/SGG refrigerants at the end of shelf life.

2. How do I Join RRA?

To become a new contributor to the Product Stewardship Scheme you will first need to register so you can use our website to access the Product Stewardship Scheme agreement.  When your details have been verified, access will be granted to the VIP section, you will need to choose and print an agreement (available in PDF).  The agreement must be signed by you and emailed or faxed to RRA for processing.

3. What type of agreements do RRA offer?

RRA offers 3 different options:

  • One time import (one import only)
  • Less than 100kg of refrigerant- imported each year
  • More than 100kg of refrigerant-imported each year

4. Which agreement is best for me?

If you do a one off import then “one time import” is for you

If you intend to import unit/units less than 100kg of refrigerant within a 12month period, then the “less than 100kg” agreement is best suited

If you intend to import more than 100kg of refrigerant within a 12month period than “more than 100kg” is your best fit.

5. Can I withdraw from the Product Stewardship Scheme?

Yes, at any time, but please note that you must be a member of a product stewardship scheme to import.

6. How do I withdraw from the Product Stewardship Scheme?

Simply email advising us of your withdrawal from the PSS.  We will deactivate your account and notify the Commonwealth Ozone team of your withdrawal.

7. Can I rejoin RRA

Yes, simply compete the normal joining process again.

8. What happens if my account is deactivated by RRA?

In the event this happens and you wish to rejoin you will be required to pay any outstanding fees before your account can be reactivated.

9. Can I pay my contribution via credit card?

Yes, credit card payments are accepted with 2.5% surcharge.  Amex, Visa and Mastercard are accepted via our website.  Visa and Mastercard can be processed over the phone.

10. Can I pay my contribution via direct Deposit?

Yes, our account details are:

National Australia Bank
BSB: 082 902
Account: 57 981 4344
Please use your entity name as reference

11. How do I contact RRA’s office?

You can email us at
You can call us on 02 6230 5244.

12. How long does it take to process my application?

Generally from start to finish we ask applicants to allow 48 hours (2 working days) after payment is received.

13. What do I do if I do not have an ABN?

Email RRA’s office and we will assist you.  An ABN is not required for individuals.

14. Can I transfer my contribution to another entity?

No. Contributions are not transferable.
If you no longer require the contribution for an entity, you need to withdraw that entity and the reapply under the new entity name and ABN.